The reason people hate moving day so much, however, is because they go into moving day unprepared. They go into moving day without a plan.
The following, in no particular order, is the top 8 moving tips that will hopefully make your day at least a little easier and more enjoyable.
1. Sell/Donate Your Extras - Moving day is a perfect time to put your wardrobe on a diet, among the rest of your belongings. Whether it's old clothes you never wear anymore, toys your children never play with, or other stuff that you will never use again, it's time to trim the fat. Have a garage sale, donate your excess items to charity, or throw any worthless things in the garbage. This way, you won't wasting time moving stuff to your new house that you want to get rid of anyway.
2. Make Open-First Boxes - Place the essentials of each room's movables into a box labeled 'Open First.' Items to include in these boxes would include shampoo, soap, toilet paper, tape, tools, toothbrush, contact case and solution, etc. These boxes will indicate which items you will need for your first few nights in the new house without having to unpack all of the boxes.
3. Organize Boxes Pre-Loading of the Truck - This seems obvious, but many people don't organize their boxes prior to loading up the moving truck. First, it is a good idea to organize the boxes next to the other boxes from their respective rooms. Then, do the same in the truck. This will make your day much easier, not having to worry about which box goes into which room.
4. Label all Boxes - Be sure to mark at least two sides of every box, just in case the other sides of the box are hidden. Also, be sure to use a thick black marker so you can see the label in low light or from across the room.
5. Test the Boxes - Before filling up a box, be sure to test it first. Make sure it is sturdy enough to hold stuff without breaking through the bottom of the box. This could break something or injure somebody. Be sure to use packing tape along the places where the box flaps meet to give your box ultimate sturdiness.
6. Make a Pack List and an Unpack List - This will also make your life a lot easier on moving day. Make a list keeping track of each box, its label and its general contents. Each item should be marked off the list as it is packed. The list will keep everyone on the same page when packing and especially unpacking.
7. Start Packing Early - Give yourself plenty of time to move, so be sure to start as early as you can. This will not only help you save the rest of your day, but it will decrease some of the stress of having to quickly load and unload the truck. Starting early will also allow you to...
8. Take Your Time - Try not to rush. Nothing is worse than breaking a valuable or injuring yourself by trying to carry too much stuff or trying to pack the truck faster than what's needed. Save time by being organized, and not by rushing.
Moving day can be a reflection of how you lead your life. Are you prepared, organized and efficient? Or sloppy, unprepared and always rushing? If the latter describes you, perhaps think about treating moving day as a new organized you.
If, however, moving just isn't quite your thing, then you can always hire professional home movers and commercial movers to help you complete this transition in your life.
Dear customer,thanks for reaching out.
You might as well contact us via phone number +86 13925815356(same as WhatsApp/WeChat) or email address email@example.com in case we fail to respond you timely.
Looking forward to hearing from you
We are here to help you! If you close the chatbox, you will automatically receive a response from us via email. Please be sure to leave your contact details so that we can better assist